Sunday, February 26, 2006

2.26.2006 Pieces of My Life

What do you do when everything changes? What do you do when the unthinkable happens? What do you do when the perfect little world you had built for yourself falls apart? What do you do when you realize you don't have all the answers to life?

Well, when the pieces of my life fell apart, the only thing I knew to do was to try to put them back together. Try as I might though, I could not get them to fit together. I pushed the pieces around, turned them over, and did everything else I could. But the puzzle wasn't working.

Then finally I made a startling realization: I didn't have all the right pieces for the puzzle of my life. And some of the pieces I had, needed to be discarded.

Though it has taken much time and I am not finished with the puzzle yet, I can tell it is turning into a beautiful piece of work. Only now that I can contrast the old with the new can I see what was lacking from the old and just how wonderful the new is looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home